The SAH Grant provides funds for Veterans to remodel their homes for accessibility.
By United States law, if you are a disabled veteran or service member, you could be eligible to receive money to remodel your home from the SAH Grant.
If you have one of certain service-connected disabilities, you could get help modifying your home so you can create a barrier-free environment and increase your independence.
Safe Living Solutions has been serving our honored veterans for decades and helping them create more accessible homes in the High Point area. As professional accessibility contractors, we are focused on providing handicap accessible remodeling to veterans and non-veterans, alike in our community.
If you are a Veteran or Service Member (or know of one) who:
- Is in need of an accessible home;
- Would like to learn more about the SAH Grant, and;
- Would like to use those funds to remodel your house.
» Please do not wait and contact us today at 336-781-3303
SAH Grant videos
The Veterans Administration says that any veterans or service members with “permanent and total service-connected disability”, who have experienced one or more of the following conditions:
- Loss of or loss of use of both legs, OR
- Loss of or loss of use of both arms, OR
- Blindness in both eyes having only light perception, plus loss of or loss of use of one leg, OR
- The loss of or loss of use of one lower leg together with residuals of organic disease or injury, OR
- The loss of or loss of use of one leg together with the loss of or loss of use of one arm, OR
- Certain severe burns, OR
- The loss, or loss of use of one or more lower extremities due to service on or after September 11, 2001, which so affects the functions of balance or propulsion as to preclude ambulating without the aid of braces, crutches, canes, or a wheelchair (Restrictions apply for this item.)
Additionally, you must own the home you wish to modify and be permanently living there. Also, you don’t have to use all of the money at once and can receive funds (up to the grant maximum) up to 3 times.
» To learn more about your options with the Grant, call us at 336-781-3303.
Grant dollar amount
The SAH Grant service members and veterans is set by law and consistently adjusted on a yearly basis. That means that the maximum amount any eligible person can get will vary from year to year.
As of 2017, the maximum lifetime benefit amount is $77,307.00. Again, you should keep in mind that no one can use the benefit to get more than the maximum amount allowed.
It also should be noted that eligible persons who are temporarily living in a home owned by a member of their family, that person may still receive a benefit, but the maximum amount allowed is $33,937.00.
High Point SAH Grant remodeler
Safe Living Solutions proudly services the veterans and service members in the High Point, NC area. Our commitment to you and your family is helping you get the accessibility you need in your home and increase your quality of life, by making your home easier to live in. It is our honor to help you achieve that.
For decades, we have provided accessible design and construction to our High Point neighbors. Our experience, skills and knowledge allows us to ensure your home is exactly what you need it to be. This is part of why Safe Living Solutions is an approved contractor for the VA SAH Grant Program (United States Department of Veterans Affairs Specially Adapted Housing Grant Program).
What is covered by the grant?
The VA SAH Grant exists to help you make your home easier to live in and more of what you need in your day-to-day life. Some of the features or modifications the SAH Grant can cover, include:
- Bathroom remodeling
- Bedroom modifications
- Creating or modifying covered porches, ramps & walkways
- Modifications to garages, carports & passageways
- Doors, windows, flooring materials & security items
- Concrete or asphalt walkways, sliding doors
- Handrails, grab bars
Our professional home contractors for home accessibility will be happy to help you understand what is covered, identify what changes you can and should make in your homes (based on your specific needs), then provide all the planning, design and work to remodel your home. (You can learn more about the SAH Grant, here.)
Home remodeling for veterans
At Safe Living Solutions, we can help you have the home that raises your quality of life. Often times this can be accomplished with just a few changes. In other situations, it may require more extensive remodeling or modifications. A few other types of modifications or features we can add, include:
- Remodeling for main floor living
- Home additions for an accessible master suite
- Exterior accessibility features: sidewalks, ramps
- Interior accessibility: widening doorways and hallways
- Installing grab bars and handrails
- Wheelchair accessible bathrooms
- Accessible kitchens
- Roll-in or zero-threshold showers
- Wheelchair showers
- Accessibility products
Our unique qualifications
Safe Living Solutions is licensed and fully insured. We are committed to the education and experience of our employees and contractors and have people on staff that are:
- Certified Aging-in-Place Specialists (CAPS)
- Certified Home Assessment and Modification Professionals (CHAMP)
- Certified Environmental Access Consultants (CEAC).
We also have affiliations with local, regional and national organizations, such as:
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI)
- High Point Area Builders Association (HPABA)
- National Association of Realtors.
As well as have received honors for our work modifying homes and institutions rehabilitating seniors with orthopedic conditions.
SAH Grant information and videos courtesy of U.S. Department of Verterans Affairs